In the following tutorial, you can find the steps that can help you setup an email account in Outlook Express.
Before you begin, please make sure that you have a valid email account and you have collected all necessary data: username for the email account, email account password, server address POP/IMAP and SMTP. For example, if you have a domain name like ‘mydomain.com’ and an email account ‘email@example.com’, the username will be ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and the email server addresses will be ‘mail.mydomain.com’, for both POP/IMAP and SMTP.
1. Select File > Add Account...
2. Select 'Add' > 'Email' to configure a new mail account.
3. In the field 'Display name' add your name.
4. In the field, 'E-mail address' add your email.
5. In the field 'Account name' enter your email and for 'Password' use your password.
6. In ‚User Information’ section, in the ‚Your Name’ field, enter your name and in ‚Email Address’ field your email. In the next section, ‚Logon Information’, field ‚User Name’ put your email address and in the ‚Password’ field add the email address’s password.
In ‚Incoming mail server’ and ‚Outgoing mail server’ enter the email server address (like mail.mydomain.com, where you have to replace mydomain.com with the name of your domain where the email address is created).
Select ‚More Settings...’
7. Select 'Finish'.
8. Go to 'Internet Accounts', select the new account added and click 'Properties'.
9. Select 'Servers' tab and mark 'My server requires authentication'.
After completing this steps you should have a functional email account.