Terms of service
Version 1.1, updated on May, 24th 2018
- Hosterion.com terms and conditions
- Customer GDPR Data Processing Agreement
- .ro domain registration rules
- .ro domain registration contract
- Shared hosting and reseller terms and conditions
1. Hosterion.com terms and conditions
To use this site you must fully read and accept these rules. By continuing visiting this site is an assumption that you agree to these terms.
www.hosterion.com site content may not be reproduced, modified, transferred, distributed, republished, copied or transmitted in any form, including but not limited to electronic form without the prior written permision of Hosterion. www.hosterion.com published materials and content can be used for personal purposes, their sale being prohibited.
Hosterion is not responsible for damages caused by unauthorized use of the information on www.hosterion.com. Hosterion reserves the right to change the structure and content of www.hosterion.com according to the changes that occur on the products and services marketed.
Hosterion is not responsible for the costs and / or material loss resulting from the use of informations on www.hosterion.com.
Hosterion is not responsible for any injury that occurred as a result of malfunctions of any kind of www.hosterion.com.
Hosterion not responsible for the veracity of information provided by third parties on www.hosterion.com.
Hosterion reserves the right to modify at any time the content and structure of the website.
2. Customer GDPR Data Processing Agreement
The "Customer GDPR Data Processing Agreement" is available at https://hosterion.com/data-processing-agreement and is part of these Terms of service.
3. .ro Registration rules
1. The rules presented in this document apply to all requests of names within the .ro domain and its sub-domains.
- .ro for any organizations or individuals;
- .com.ro for business, firms, products and services of a commercial nature;
- .org.ro for not-for-profit organizations, social organizations, civil groups;
- .tm.ro for trademarks only. To register under the tm.ro sub domain, proof of a Romanian trademark (OSIM, or another trademark organization) must be submitted;
- .store.ro for shops, stores or other business offering goods to purchase;
- .info.ro for information providers;
- .nom.ro for those individuals wishing their own name as a domain name;
- .nt.ro for entities emphasizing data networking activities, regarding to the Internet network especially;
- .firm.rofor firms;
- .www.ro for entities emphasizing activities related to the World Wide Web;
- .arts.ro for entities emphasizing cultural activities;
- .rec.ro for entities emphasizing recreation and entertainment activities.
2. All NEW domain requests will conform to RFCs 1034, 1035, 1122, 1123 and any subsequent replacements.
3. The requests will be handled by an automatic/robot. This robot will apply a check against the list of existing domain names.
4. Requests for new domain names registration, nameserver updates and contact persons details for registered domains must be sent only using online forms found on www.rotld.ro web page or using forms provided by ROTLD's partners.
5. E-mail notifications are sent automatically by the registration system to inform the requester about the status of the application (accepted or rejected).
6. Names within the .ro domain and its sub-domains may be registered for active usage (domain delegation) or for inactive usage (reserved domain names).
7. For registered active domain names there must be an operational primary and an operational secondary Domain Name System (DNS) name server. Both name servers need permanent IP connectivity to the Internet (for queries and zone transfers) in order that they can be easily checked for operational status and database accuracy at any time by ROTLD registry.
8. At the end of each month a periodic zone check is done for all the domains to collect errors, host count and other domain statistics. ROTLD kindly ask to allow zone transfer for the machines from 220.127.116.11/24 IP address class.
9. Any entity (organization or individual) may register a .ro domain name, independent of the location of the entity. The person contact in the application form is responsible for a domain and therefore is required to be an employee of the organization which will be the owner of the domain name.
10. The language for communication with the registrants and registrars is Romanian or English.
11. In order to develop the competitiveness of the .RO domain name registration services, the applications can be sent both directly to ICI-ROTLD or to the accredited partners.
12. The invoices are sent to the billing data as listed in the application form.
13. The payment is due in five days from the receipt of the invoice.
14. Applications for new domain names are processed in chronological order of receipt by ROTLD (first-come, first-served). The entity seeking registration is fully responsible for its entries in the application form and is therefore required to supervise any records in the repository belonging to said entity. Applications for modifications (and deletions) of domain names are processed in a manner similar to that described above but exceptions to chronological order may be possible under certain circumstances and upon special request by registrants.
15. The registration of a domain name is made only after the entire payment has been received. An application can be canceled for lack of payment any time after payment is due, without prior notice.
16. Termination of registration: active or inactive registration of domain names may be erased from the repository (whois database) due to three reasons: a) when the registrant requests deletion of his entry; the request needs to be sent to ROTLD according the procedure posted at www.rotld.ro ; b) when no or insufficient payment for registration/reservation is received; c) upon order by a court or governmental or administrative body and in cases mentioned in art. 34.
17. Domain names which have been deleted will immediately become available for any requester.
18. During the "on hold" period an active domain names will be set to inactive.
19. Responsibilities for domain: entities registering domain names are fully responsible for their data filled in the online registration form. Submission of a domain registration constitutes warranty to ROTLD that entity has rights to use the submitted name, i.e. entities statements in the application form are required to be true and entity is required to have the right to use the Domain Name as requested in the application. Entity shall indemnify ROTLD from any litigation costs or damages resulting from entity's use of said name. ROTLD is hereby expressly exempted from any and all responsibility for the verification of rights to a name. Acceptance of an application and registration of a domain constitutes no endorsement by ROTLD that registrant has a right to use the domain name in question under the laws of any state which might be applicable, e.g. with regard to names of natural or legal persons, trade names or trademarks.
20. Registering a domain name does not confer any legal rights to that name but the right of use and any disputes between parties over the rights to use a particular name are to be settled between the contending parties using normal legal methods. The domain right of use owner is accountable regarding the domain legal usage therefore is the only authorized to keep up to date the contact data and the name servers, the technical contact person cannot administrate the .ro domain name.
21. Domain Names are allocated to the Holder (domain owner). If the application was filled by another party on behalf of the Holder, the person who holds the Domain Name is the third party beneficiary of the contract between the Applicant and ROTLD. Holding the Domain Name is conditioned upon the Holder's acceptance of the Rules for name registration within the .ro domain and its sub-domains and the Registration Agreement, available at www.rotld.ro.
22. Transfer of domain names: is according the procedure posted at www.rotld.ro , English version, ".ro Domain Registry" - "Transfer Right of Use".
23. Solving conflicts: when a domain name has been registered by another entity or is in progress of registering, it is the responsibility of the entity seeking the registration to research the existing repository and pursue any litigation which may be necessary against the existing registrant, if that entity believe that existing registrant has no right to use that domain. Entities and registrants acknowledge and agree that ROTLD cannot act as arbiter of disputes arising out of the registration of and use of domain names. Registration of a pending application for a domain name will be suspended by ROTLD in case of a conflict with another pending application or an already registered active or inactive domain name until the conflicting registrants present a written and duly signed settlement of the conflict or a court decision resolving the dispute in favor of one of the conflicting parties.
24. Liability of ROTLD: as far as permitted by law, the ROTLD registry will not be liable for any loss of use, interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind (including lost profits) regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if the ROTLD registry has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
25. ROTLD assumes no liability for trademark disputes other than to provide the contact information to both parties.
26. Acceptable characters allowed for domain names are alpha-numeric characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9) and dash (-). A domain name cannot begin or end with a dash. We recommend you to use only lower case characters, because domain names are case insensitive. A domain name must have less than 63 characters, not including the suffix .ro, .com.ro, .info.ro, .store.ro etc. A domain name is unic and cannot be modified after it has been registered. By modifying any character within a domain name the requester get another domain name which can be registered as a new domain name, after sending the registration application and making the required payment.
27. When an entity loses its right to use a domain name, e. g because said entity has no legitimate right to register a domain name, no refund of any pre-paid fees will be made.
28. ROTLD may issue warnings in case of obvious possible name conflicts or when names are likely to conflict with another name, trade mark, well known names, name of famous individuals, etc. ROTLD, however, has no obligation to issue such warnings. After a warning has been issued, the corresponding application for a domain name is interrupted until confirmation by the registrant is received. ROTLD may, however, at its own discretion interrupt the registration until the entity seeking for registration submits within reasonable time to ROTLD a written confirmation of the holder of the conflicting name, trade mark, well known names, name of famous individuals, etc. that the application is valid and that the holder agrees with the application.
29. When an entity submits grossly erroneous and/or misleading application forms, the registry may cancel the registration process for such an entity. In this situation ROTLD registry reserves the rights to ask for additional information and/or documents.
30. ROTLD registers domain names in its own repository (whois.rotld.ro server) which answers authoritatively for .RO domain names. This information may also be retrieved from a search engine run by ROTLD, which can be queried by means of the command "whois -h whois.rotld.ro <domain name>". The whois query accepts the domain name for input and will provide related information about the domain.
31. ROTLD reserves the right to make entries in the WHOIS data bases publicly available in any electronic and written form.
32. This domain name policy shall be governed by and construed according to Romanian law. The courts of Bucharest, Romania, shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes that may arise out of or in connection with this domain name policy, but before Curt, a dispute arbitration is possible according the Dispute Resolution Policy from www.rotld.ro, english version.
33. Reasons for rejecting domain name applications:
- incomplete entries in the application form;
- the data provided in the application form is false, it is not accurate, or it is misleading;
- domain names containing more than 63 characters;
- domain names containing special characters except the hyphen (-);
- domain names containing hyphen as first or last character;
- domain names which are identical with an already registered domain name;
- domain names which are identical with a previously applied valid name;;
domain names of bad taste;
- names incorporating foul languages;
- names that are injurious to public order or to public sensibilities;
- misleading or deceptive domain names;
- domain names with offending character;
- domain names with obscene or pornographic words;
- names of famous individuals;
- outstanding payments.
34. The ROTLD registry may cancel a registration or suspend delegation of a name:
- if the name is administered in a way likely to endanger operation of the DNS;
if the basis on which the name was registered has changed, e.g. the organization making the application no longer exists, or the contact data was modified to inaccurate or false data;
- it is drawn to ROTLD attention that the name is being used in a manner likely to cause confusion to Internet users;
- where ROTLD has been informed that legal action has been commenced regarding use of the name;
- where attempts exists to register names in order to resell them;
- in cases of conflicts of a domain name between parties, until the dispute is resolved;
- the use of the domain name is misleading other Internet users;
- where ROTLD is of the opinion that one of the above events is likely to occur.
Starting from June, 2nd 2015, the Romanian diacritics characters (ă, â, î, ș, ț) can be used in the ".ro" domain names.
4. .ro Registration Agreement
1. AGREEMENT. In this Registration Agreement ("Agreement"), "you", "your" refer to each customer, "we", "us" and "our" refer to ICI (National Institute for R&D in Informatics), the ROTLD registry. This Agreement explains our obligations to you, and explains your obligations to us for various Services. By using the Services under this Agreement, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Agreement and any pertinent rules or policies that are or may be published by us.
2. REGISTRATION RULES. The rule for name registration within the .ro domain and its sub domains, which can be accessed on the World Wide Web through click, as amended from time to time, form part of this agreement are posted at www.rotld.ro.
3. SELECTION OF A DOMAIN NAME. We cannot and do not check to see whether the domain name you select, or the use you make of the domain name, infringes legal rights of others. We urge you to investigate to see whether the domain name you select or its use infringes legal rights of others. You may wish to consider seeking one or more trademark registrations in connection with your domain name. You should be aware that there is the possibility we might be ordered by a court to cancel, modify, or transfer your domain name. You should be aware that if we are sued or threatened with lawsuit in connection with your domain name, we may turn to you to hold us harmless and indemnify us.
4. FEES, PAYMENT AND TERM. As consideration for the services you have selected, you agree to pay us the applicable service(s) fees. All fees payable hereunder are non-refundable unless we provide otherwise. As further consideration for the Services, you agree to:
(1) provide certain current, complete and accurate information about you as required by the registration process and
(2) maintain and update this information as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate.
You hereby grant us the right to disclose to third parties such Information. The Registrant, by completing and submitting the Domain Name Registration Form ("Registration Form"), represents that the statements in its application are true and that the registration of the selected Domain Name, so far as the Registrant is aware, does not interfere with or infringe upon the rights of any third party. The Registrant also represents that the Domain Name is not being registered for any unlawful purpose and it will not be used in violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
5. MODIFICATIONS TO AGREEMENT. You agree, during the period of this Agreement, that we may:
(1) revise the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and
(2) change the services provided under this Agreement.
Any such revision or change will be binding and effective immediately on posting of the revised Agreement or change to the service(s) on our web site www.rotld.ro, or on notification to you by e-mail or regular mail as the Notices section of this agreement, Section 20. You agree to review our web site, including the Agreement, periodically to be aware of any such revisions. If you do not agree with any revision to the Agreement, you may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing us with notice by e-mail or regular mail as the Notices section of this agreement, Section 20. Notice of your termination will be effective on receipt and processing by us. You agree that, by continuing to use the Services following notice of any revision to this Agreement or change in service(s), you abide by any such revisions or changes.
6. DOMAIN NAME DISPUTES. You agree that, if the registration or reservation of your domain name is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the Dispute Policy in effect at the time of the dispute. You agree that in the event a domain name dispute arises with any third party, you will indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in the Dispute Policy.
7. DISPUTE POLICY. On learning of a dispute about an Internet Domain Name registered under a .ro Top Level Domain, between the organization or individual and another laying claim to a stronger right to register it, ROTLD will assist the parties by providing mediation. ROTLD will seek to establish whether a mutually acceptable resolution to the dispute can be found by the impartial intervention of the staff of ROTLD. According the rules for name registration within the .ro domain and its sub domains, ROTLD may suspend delegation of an Internet Domain Name in certain circumstances:
(1) the domain name is being used in a manner likely to cause confusion to Internet users;
(2) the domain name is administered in a way likely to endanger operation of the DNS. If the mediation is not successful, either the compliant or the registrant can submit the dispute to a court of Bucharest, Romania.
8. AGENTS. You agree that, if an agent for you (i.e., an Internet Service Provider, employee, etc.) purchased our Services on your behalf, you are nonetheless bound as a principal by all terms and conditions herein, including the Dispute Policy.
9. ANNOUNCEMENTS. We reserve the right to distribute information to you that is pertinent to the quality or operation of our services and those of our service partners. These announcements will be predominately informative in nature and may include notices describing changes, upgrades, new products or other information to add security or to enhance your identity on the Internet.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You agree that our entire liability, and your exclusive remedy, with respect to any Services(s) provided under this Agreement and any breach of this Agreement is solely limited to the amount you paid for such Service(s). We and our contractors shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use any of the Services or for the cost of procurement of substitute services. We disclaim any and all loss or liability resulting from, but not limited to:
(1) loss or liability resulting from access delays or access interruptions;
(2) loss or liability resulting from data non-delivery or data mis-delivery;
(3) loss or liability resulting from errors, omissions, or misstatements in any and all information or services(s) provided under this Agreement;
(4) loss or liability resulting from the development or interruption of your Web site or email service.
The registrant agrees that we will not be liable for any loss of registration and use of registrant's domain name, or for interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind (including lost profits) regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
11. INDEMNITY. You agree to release, indemnify, and hold us, our contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors and affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, of third parties relating to or arising under this Agreement, the Services provided hereunder or your use of the Services, including without limitation infringement by you, or someone else using the E-mail Service with your computer, of any intellectual property or other proprietary right of any person or entity, or from the violation of any of our operating rules or policy relating to the service(s) provided. You also agree to release, indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in the Dispute Policy. When we are threatened with suit by a third party, we may seek written assurances from you concerning your promise to indemnify us; your failure to provide those assurances may be considered by us to be a breach of your Agreement and may result in deactivation of your domain name.
12. BREACH. You agree that failure to abide by any provision of this Agreement, any operating rule or policy or the Dispute Policy provided by us, may be considered by us to be a material breach and that we may provide a written notice, describing the breach, to you. If within thirty (30) calendar days of the date of such notice, you fail to provide evidence, which is reasonably satisfactory to us, that you have not breached your obligations under the Agreement, then we may delete the registration or reservation of your domain name or terminate your e-mail account without further notice. Any such breach by you shall not be deemed to be excused simply because we did not act earlier in response to that, or any other breach by you.
13. NO GUARANTY. You agree that, by registration or reservation of your chosen domain name, such registration or reservation does not confer immunity from objection to either the registration, reservation, or use of the domain name.
14. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. You agree and warrant that the information that you provide to us to register or reserve your domain name or register for other Services is, to the best of your knowledge and belief, accurate and complete, and that any future changes to this information will be provided to us in a timely manner according to the modification procedures in place at that time. You agree that your use of our Services is solely at your own risk. You agree that such Service(s) is provided on an "as is," "as available" basis. We expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements, or that the Service(s) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service(s) or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the our e-mail service or that defects in the Services software will be corrected. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the our e-mail service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data. We make no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through the e-mail service or any transactions entered into through the e-mail service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the e-mail service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein..
15. REVOCATION. You agree that we may delete your domain name or terminate your right to use other Services if the information that you provided to register or reserve your domain name or register for other Services, or subsequently to modify it, contains false or misleading information, or conceals or omits any information we would likely consider material to our decision to register or reserve your domain name. You agree that we may, in our sole discretion, delete or transfer your domain name at any time.
16. RIGHT OF REFUSAL. We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to refuse to register or reserve your chosen domain name or register you for other Services, or to delete your domain name within thirty (30) calendar days from receipt of your payment for such services. In the event we do not register or reserve your domain name or register you for other Services, or we delete your domain name or other Services within such thirty (30) calendar day period, we agree to refund your applicable fee(s). You agree that we shall not be liable to you for loss or damages that may result from our refusal to register or reserve, or delete your domain name or register you for other Services.
17. DISSOCIATION. You agree that the terms of this Agreement are separable. If any term or provision is declared invalid or unenforceable, that term or provision will be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining terms and provisions will remain in full force and effect.
18. NON-AGENCY. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between the parties.
19. NON-WAIVER. Our failure to require performance by the Registrant of any provision hereof shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor shall the waiver by us of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself.
20. NOTICES. Any notice, direction or other communication given under this Agreement shall be in writing and given by sending it via e-mail or via regular mail. In the online electronic case the notes shall be sent to ROTLD by the online form from www.rotld.ro - Contact info. In the case of notice to you, ROTLD will use an e-mail address provided by you in your WHOIS record.
21. ENTIRETY. You agree that this Agreement, the rules and policies published are the complete and exclusive agreement between you and us regarding our Services. This Agreement supersede all prior agreements and understandings, whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent.
22. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted and enforced in accordance with the LAWS OF Romania. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in Bucharest and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
23. INFANCY. You attest that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement.
24. Acceptance of Agreement. BY ACCEPTING OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING PAYMENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF PARTICIPATING IN THE AFFILIATE NETWORK AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
5. Shared hosting and reseller terms and conditions
Last Updated: December 31rd, 2016
All Hosterion customers using shared and reseller hosting services must agree to these conditions.
Failure to follow these terms result in account suspension without notice. Violation of these terms not compel Hosterion to return the monney paid for services.
Hosting packages which include unlimited traffic can not generate additional cost for data traffic.
Traffic generated by a web hosting account is not limited as long as it does not affect the proper functioning of the server.
At the same time, shared hosting service involves sharing physical resources of a server by hundreds of hosting accounts. If traffic volume carried by a hosting account affects the proper functioning of the server neighbors we reserve the right to limit the bandwidth and even to suspend, in extreme cases causing problems hosting account.
Over 99% of websites will function well without reaching their limits on a shared hosting account with unlimited traffic.
We will notify you when a shared hosting account is no longer suitable for your website and we will provide a viable alternative.
We have no miraculous solution to provide whatever and however at a cost of a few euros per month. It is impossible hosting websites like YouTube, Google, Amazon or Emag 3 euros per month. But we assure you of our honesty and desire to have an easy to understand and convenient service to our clients.
It is forbidden to host illegal material. These include, but are not limited to:
- software pirated or any material that infringes copyright
- unlicensed MP3s
- books or other texts in electronic format that infringes copyright
- sending spam (unsolicited commercial emails). Any customer who wants to send newsletters (or in general a large number of emails) must have built the database by subscribing with confirmation (confirmed opt-in) and have Hosterion's approval to send these emails.
It prohibited any activity that affects the proper functioning of the hosting servers. These include: CPU usage over normal limits, sending many emails in a short period of time (mass mailings), SQL inqueries very common and long-lasting.
Any site that affects the proper functioning of the hosting servers will be suspended without notice.
We offer an uptime of 99.9% of the hosting period of a calendar month. This warranty relates to the operation and accessibility of the hosting server but does not include new independent factors such as the availability of the global internet network.
We despair, on request, for internet hosting availability periods of less than 99.9% in a calendar month, as follows:
|Availability for one calendar month||Compensation|
(percentage of the monthly payment amount of the service)
|Higher or equal to||Smaller than|
|99,9 %||100,0 %||0 %|
|99,8 %||99,9 %||1 %|
|99,7 %||98,8 %||5 %|
|99,0 %||99,7 %||10 %|
|90,0 %||99,0 %||50 %|
|0,0 %||90,0 %||100 %|
Any compensation may not exceed the amount received by Hosterion from the beneficiary of the service for a calendar month of services rendered.
We respect the confidentiality of the data and technologies used by our clients. Hosterion will not disclose any of the used applications, copy or reproduce in any way the materials and will not provide a third party, data or content hosted otherwise than with the written consent of the customer.