About .com domains
The .com internet domain appeared in 1985 and has become to this day the most popular extension.
COM is an abbreviation of the word "commercial" and, at first, could only be used by Companies, being free.
The top five .com domain names registered were: symbolics.com, bbn.com, think.com, mcc.com, northrop.com, followed by other large companies (Microsoft, Xerox, IBM, Apple, etc.). The famous google.com appeared in 1996.
The .com extension passed the role for which it was created long time ago. In 1995 it was restricted from being registered for commercial purposes only and was made available to the general public, with the introduction of an annual registration fee.
Many of the start-ups, but not only, are thinking of .com as the first choice, precisely for its association with the big brands and for the trust it conveys. Today, over 150 million .com domain names have been registered.
Several known .com domain names: youtube.com, amazon.com, facebook.com, booking.com, twitter.com, instagram.com..
Domain registration restrictions:
.com can be registered by anyone
Other details about .com domains:
Characteristics of .com domains:
.com registration rules:
The registration rules for Internet domains are established by the authority that manages each type of domain. The registration and use of an Internet domain name must comply with these rules.
IDN (Internationalized domain name):
1 to 10 years
Grace period upon renewal:
up to 45 days following the expiration date
yes, renews the domain name for one year
Grace period upon deletion:
30 days of quarantine
Number of characters:
3 - 63 alphanumeric characters
WHOIS privacy protection:
Number of nameservers:
2 or more NS
.com domain prices
|.com domain registration||11 € / year|
|.com domain transfer||11 € / year|
|.com domain renewal||11 € / year|
For other domain names prices check: Complete list of domain name prices.
Customers in Romania pay in RON at the BNR exchange rate + 2%.
VAT is added to the displayed prices from site according to tax regulations.
Register .com domain
Check .com domain availability and register by completing the form below:
If you want to register a domain type other than .com, go to the form regarding domain registration.
What you have to know about .com domain registration
- .com domain registration is made on your name as any domain offered by Hosterion.
- You have full rights to domains registered through Hosterion: you can use the domain as you choose and you can always transfer it to another provider if you wish. We don't hinder you and we don't force you to stay with us.
- Any domain includes, without additional costs, a premium service of DNS hosting.
- If you have registered an .com domain with us, you will receive an email notification 60 days before your domain expires.
- The proforma invoice for domain renewals is automatically issued and emailed 14 days before the domain expires. To ensure that your domain is up and running we recommend that you pay your invoice early, as it can take 1-2 working days for us to transfer the money and process the payment. The payment of the invoice is optional: if you no longer need the domain, you are under no obligation to pay it.
- We also recommend choosing a web hosting package from us, but it is totally optional.