About .org domains
The .org domain is part of the group of first extensions created in 1985 and is short for "organization". At first it was only used by entities doing activities that did not fit with the other extensions, such as commercial, educational, governmental or military activities.
It is the third most popular extension, with over 10 million .org Internet domain names currently registered.
Primul domeniu înregistrat a fost mitre.org. De-a lungul timpului, .org a început să fie utilizat de organizațiile non-profit, însă este potrivit pentru orice fel de organizație (culturală, socială, sportivă, religioasă etc). Cunoscuta enciclopedie online wikipedia.org a apărut în 2001.
The main idea of the domain is to be used by people who want to help, create and achieve goals without any material interest. Its purpose is to give credibility to sites that undertake charitable actions, to those that offer access to various courses, and to communities fighting for certain causes.
Popular .org websites: mozilla.org, wordpress.org, cambridge.org, coursera.org, npr.org.
Domain registration restrictions:
none, can be registered by anyone
Other details about .org domains:
Characteristics of .org domains:
.org registration rules:
The registration rules for Internet domains are established by the authority that manages each type of domain. The registration and use of an Internet domain name must comply with these rules.
IDN (Internationalized domain name):
da, cu anumite exceptii
1 to 10 years
Grace period upon renewal:
45 days after expiry date
yes, renews the domain name for one year
Grace period upon deletion:
30 days of quarantine
Number of characters:
1 to 63 alphanumeric characters
WHOIS privacy protection:
Number of nameservers:
between 2 and 13 NS
.org domain prices
|.org domain registration||11 € / year|
|.org domain transfer||13 € / year|
|.org domain renewal||13 € / year|
For other domain names prices check: Complete list of domain name prices.
Customers in Romania pay in RON at the BNR exchange rate + 2%.
VAT is added to the displayed prices from site according to tax regulations.
Register .org domain
Check .org domain availability and register by completing the form below:
If you want to register a domain type other than .org, go to the form regarding domain registration.
What you have to know about .org domain registration
- .org domain registration is made on your name as any domain offered by Hosterion.
- You have full rights to domains registered through Hosterion: you can use the domain as you choose and you can always transfer it to another provider if you wish. We don't hinder you and we don't force you to stay with us.
- Any domain includes, without additional costs, a premium service of DNS hosting.
- If you have registered an .org domain with us, you will receive an email notification 60 days before your domain expires.
- The proforma invoice for domain renewals is automatically issued and emailed 14 days before the domain expires. To ensure that your domain is up and running we recommend that you pay your invoice early, as it can take 1-2 working days for us to transfer the money and process the payment. The payment of the invoice is optional: if you no longer need the domain, you are under no obligation to pay it.
- We also recommend choosing a web hosting package from us, but it is totally optional.