About .gal domains
.gal is a generic extension for the promotion of the community from Galicia ( Spain ).
Registry: Asociación puntoGAL
Domain registration restrictions:
.gal can be registered by anyone related to the community of Galicia
Other details about .gal domains:
.gal was delegated to the Root Zone on 11 April 2014.
Characteristics of .gal domains:
.gal registration rules:
The registration rules for Internet domains are established by the authority that manages each type of domain. The registration and use of an Internet domain name must comply with these rules.
IDN (Internationalized domain name):
1 to 10 years
Grace period upon renewal:
up to 45 days following the expiration date
yes, renews the domain name for one year
Grace period upon deletion:
30 days of quarantine
Number of characters:
3 to 63 alphanumeric characters
WHOIS privacy protection:
Number of nameservers:
2 or more NS
.gal domain prices
|.gal domain registration||53 € / year|
|.gal domain transfer||50 € / year|
|.gal domain renewal||50 € / year|
For other domain names prices check: Complete list of domain name prices.
Customers in Romania pay in RON at the BNR exchange rate + 2%.
VAT is added to the displayed prices from site according to tax regulations.
Register .gal domain
Check .gal domain availability and register by completing the form below:
If you want to register a domain type other than .gal, go to the form regarding domain registration.
What you have to know about .gal domain registration
- .gal domain registration is made on your name as any domain offered by Hosterion.
- You have full rights to domains registered through Hosterion: you can use the domain as you choose and you can always transfer it to another provider if you wish. We don't hinder you and we don't force you to stay with us.
- Any domain includes, without additional costs, a premium service of DNS hosting.
- If you have registered an .gal domain with us, you will receive an email notification 60 days before your domain expires.
- The proforma invoice for domain renewals is automatically issued and emailed 14 days before the domain expires. To ensure that your domain is up and running we recommend that you pay your invoice early, as it can take 1-2 working days for us to transfer the money and process the payment. The payment of the invoice is optional: if you no longer need the domain, you are under no obligation to pay it.
- We also recommend choosing a web hosting package from us, but it is totally optional.